Home Energy

Introduced by the Government in 2007, an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is granted by an energy surveyor following an inspection of your property.

The energy survey needed to produce an EPC is performed by the assessor who visits the property to examine key items such as:

domestic boiler
hot water tank
double glazing

Required whenever a property is built, sold or let an Energy Performance Certificate must be provided by the seller or landlord of the property.

The EPC contains

Information about a property’s energy use and typical energy cost
Recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and it is valid for 10 years.

The person selling the house, the landlord or the letting agent must show you the EPC if you’re buying or renting.

IE8 Alert! Cookie Alert!

To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a modern web browser. More info